Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Week 1 EOC About Me

Fashion is not just about high end luxury designer clothes. It's about what we think about when we first wake up in the morning before we go to school or work, where we go when we go out with friends, etc to express who we are inside and out. Fashion is in my blood. My dad's family came from generations of tailoring. I never wanted to be in any other profession except fashion. It all started when mom introduced to my first Disney princess movie "Cinderella." The fairy godmother brought out the amazing person she is inside and expressed it on her gown. I love that whole chic thing where a confident and courageous woman stands out in a crowd. As a child that went to a catholic private school in Southern California, it was not easy to keep up with fashion since we had to wear uniforms. But when we had "non-uniform day" (formerly called "free dress day"), I would always get excited because that would be the only day where I get to express who I really am inside despite the fact I am a very shy person. I have been working in retail since I was 18 years old and I've always enjoyed it. It helps me keep up with the latest trends in fashion. I hope to run my own store/ boutique with my edgy style after I graduate and I hope to design my own line as well. "Fashion is not something that exists in dresses only. Fashion is in the sky, in the street, fashion has to do with ideas, the way we live, what is happening." Coco Chanel

No comments:

Post a Comment